The Millersburg Fire Company #1 is an all-Volunteer Organization serving Millersburg Borough and Upper Paxton Township and providing mutual aid assistance to the surrounding communities. In 2018 the Millersburg Fire Company #1 responded to a total of 196 incidents which accounted for 1665 hours 9 minutes of volunteer time on calls. There were 83 calls in Upper Paxton Township and 78 calls in the borough of Millersburg. The remaining 35 calls were mutual aid calls assisting surrounding fire companies.
The top ten responders and the number of calls they responded on for the year are:
- Douglas Snyder, Fire Chief-143
- Sean Grimm, 2nd Assistant Chief-126
- J. Vincent Heckert, Firefighter-121
- Robert Sechler, Fire Police Captain-112
- Branson Smith, Firefighter-106
- T.J Acker, Firefighter-101
- Justin Hirsch, Firefighter-95
- Paul Enders, Firefighter-91
- Mark Koppenhaver, 1st Assistant Chief-88
- Seth Lenker, 3rd Assistant Chief-84
We wish to thank the community for your support and encourage anyone wishing to volunteer to stop by the firehouse and ask questions and pick up an application. Volunteer opportunities include Fire Police, firefighters and support personnel. Training is held on Thursday evenings at 7PM, stop in and we can discuss opportunities that are available.